Kind of like the tents which look so much alike--especially the Lightheart Gear tents and the Six Moon Designs Skyscape series--both very much like a tent that was popular some years back (senior moment--forgot the name). There are only so many ways you can shape a lightweight tent or a lightweight backpack or clothing or.....

At the ALDHA West gathering Ron Moak of Six Moon designs had all his various tent models set up in a small meadow next to the meeting hall. I swear that from 20 feet away I couldn't tell which was which--they all looked almost identical. If I'd had my ZPacks Hexamid set up next to them, you couldn't have told that one apart either, except for its being cuben instead of silnylon.

Of course each of these tents has individual features that set them apart, but you have to get right up close to see them. The same is true of a lot of packs. How many ways can you do closures, shoulder straps, the basic bag, hip belts....

Granite Gear is another company whose packs just don't fit me, BTW. So there are some differences.