I'd also look at Katabatic Gear for quilts. I went from a narrow Rab sleeping bag > Katabatic Chisos 40* w/ 2 oz overfill > '12 Enlightened Equipment Revelation 30*, wide, overstuffed > currently a WM Versalite that I couldn't pass up that was on sale.

As a 3-6 times a night tossing side sleeper: Rab was too narrow for a bag, Chisos was too narrow a quilt, '12 Revelation was fine width wise, except the down would shift from the middle to the sides of the quilt, even overstuffed (the '13 models have smaller Karo baffles to prevent the down from shifting as easily), haven't tested the Versalite yet.

My favorite bag was probably the Chisos, and would be perfect as a heavy back sleeper. 52" wide shoulder girth is just too narrow, and a hassle when you turn over and have to retuck the quilt beneath you. I'd probably look at a minimum of 56" wide shoulder girth.

Using a down hooded jacket with the quilt works perfect, I took the Chisos to a little below freezing wearing my Rab Microlight Alpine Jacket (12.5 oz), hiking pants, and socks. And you don't get the cold shock during the night or morning when you have to pee.

Edited by TRAUMAhead (01/21/13 05:20 AM)