Originally Posted By DTape
I have backcountry navigator. I don't have experience with any other "backcountry" GPS apps. I tried myTracks and it was just a battery hog. BCNav allows me to download map sections to access offline, and I can use it with the GPS antenna off even setting waypoints without the antenna on, as long as I know my location. I can turn on the GPS antenna for the brief moment if I wanted to verify location. I do not use the GPS to track my route, only for specific location ID, extra map, and a means to store locations of things I find.

Ditto for me. I have been using this on my Samsung Galaxy III for 3 months now. It works very well. The menu's are not the most intuitive. Always a bummer going thru them to get where you thought you remembered while your hiking buddies are impatiently waiting for you. But once its up and running. No problems. Unless you end up hiking off the downloaded map you made the night before lol. We got lost that way once. Coudlnt figure out why the Arrow was so far off on the map.