I'm bored and thought this would be a fun discussion. I would go day hiking in the Smokies, but so many main park roads are closed due to ice. I hate the main entrance of the Smokies and who knows how poorly the tourists who are from further south will drive like with the snow and ice on the ground. Blah. Anyway, I was curious know what you guys/gals have on your wish list, both gear and trip wise.

Gear: I'd like some new clothes and shoes. I would also like to make my own hammock out of single layer 1.1oz ripstop nylon as well as a top quilt and under quilt for it.

Trip: One regret I have when I lived in Johnson City in college is that I never went backpacking at Roan Highland. I didn't start backpacking until my 3rd year of college; I'm planning to go back within the next two months and backpack Roan Highland. Other places I'd like to go is Colorado, Montana, and Washington.

Edited by ETSU Pride (01/18/13 10:27 AM)