Pretty amusing thread grin
Me? There was a time that I would just go and go and go, never trying to prove anything, I just couldn't poke along.

As I aged, nearing the end of my military career, I started slowing down, due to injuries, and honestly, I realized that I was really missing so much, by concentrating on pushing the limits, although I still like a challenge.

Finally, now days, way too many injuries, both military and civilian, well I just poke along. So if a lady "smokes me" on the trail..whereas in my younger day's I would have risked a stroke rather than have that happen, I just hope nobody is filming it.

These days I get passed by grown ladies,old ladies, young ladies, girl scouts, turtles, and an occasional earth worm. Ahh..I don't care or mind anymore, the sun has long set on my "macho" days.

If I go with other people, and they want to move fast, well, I'm pretty good with a compass and map, and I tell them that I'll catch up at the campsite.

I want to do one trip this year, that through my research, it appears to be pretty physically challenging, even for a younger man, but if I do it, especially since I'll probably have to do it solo, I'll just poke along, enjoy the views, stop to fish, and generally just take my time and move at a snail's pace...
.....as long as those darn girl scouts don't show up, and shame me to go harder.... laugh

J.