I thought about saving up some money to spend a weekend doing some outdoor schools. Basic Wilderness First Aid and Basic Wilderness Survival. It expensive too!!! $155 for the former and $185 for the latter for two stinkin' days. I thought it be interesting to learn and I'll never know when those new skills would be needed. I'm just curious if anyone else have done these schools and if they're well worth the money. I know this question can get a relative reply varying on the instructors and you never know if you be in such situation. I mean you could learn by reading a lot of articles on Backpacker or on this website, as well as others and practice them at home before venturing out... Plant identifications and plant medicines are the ones I'm deeply curious about the most. The only plants I can identified are the two common poisonous ones: rhododendron and a family of poison ivy/oak.

Edited by ETSU Pride (01/14/13 12:04 PM)