Interesting topic we have drifted into. I am just procrastinating a little before I load up to drive to the mountains for Christmas, so I'll keep it short. I have a good Dr., but his partner could care less about me and occasionally I get him. My Dr. has some limitation for sure, but given the current state of the medical industry, I think he is doing the best he can. Case in point is with high cholesterol, they wanted me on Lipitor and I did it my way with mostly cardio exercise. I think nowdays, if you really care, you need to do the research yourself...and its hard to do for many topics. The sugar issue I've known about. Here is another large chunk of info contained in a documentary and companion book called "Forks Over Knives". Basically, It pushes a plant-based diet...I know I spoiled the plot, sorry. But also contained within this are some of the results of the China Study on diet and implication on weight loss and long term health. Personally most of the results are not really surprising. But, these studies do contain great documentation of cause and effect with diet.

One of my brothers-in-law just passed from cancer. The eldest brother and wife are a Dr. and nurse and they have since embraced the logic of "Forks Over Knives" after the other brothers passing. When we used to talk about health care, I could tell they were not happy with some of my views on personal health, and we still have many differences but our views on diet are much closer now. Sometimes it takes a major event to change old habits. I know I still struggle with stuff I think I know better about.

IF you haven't seen it, check out Forks Over Knives.

btw, I am going to be eating some meat this Christmas. I just eat a lot less now. grin Either way, Merry Christmas to you all,

Chris