Quote:
I think it is wrong to say all doctors are so strongly motivated by profiting off their patients that they would never prescribe this treatment, if it were shown to be even marginally effective.

You are right that are not really at fault. As far as I know all doctors have their hands tied somewhat by the AMA who will punish them if they prescribe a treatment that is not approved by the FDA.

Many doctors have their hands tied further by the corporate health care firms they work for, where they are very much expected to generate revenue when they sign on.

Doctors do what they've learned and are allowed to do. It's not all bad, much of it is great. But you need to do more than just expect a doctor to fix you. This is serious stuff we're talking about here.

It's really very easy to alkalize. Eat some asparagus a few times a week and your good. The baking soda/maple syrup is a treatment used to kill cancers fast, taken in smaller doses it's a preventative, like asparagus.

I don't take the baking soda/maple syrup myself. I do eat asparagus, eat very few sweets and never add refined sugar to anything, and I brush my teeth with baking soda. I've been doing that for decades though, long before I ever heard of alkalizing. I do it because I love asparagus, get to feeling crappy if I eat too much sugar, and hate the taste of toothpaste. If it ever happens that's not been enough I'll mix up a batch of that stuff and start taking it.

We have some great holistic health pros here that own health food stores. They're all licensed doctors, but they've gone on to holistic methods. You can find them almost anywhere. I'm sure there are many in the San Diego area. Some of them are amazing at healing people and they'll tell you if you need a traditional treatment. Most important, they will tell you what you can do to help your body heal and prevent things from getting worse. I put as much weight on their advice as I do traditional medicine.

"You want to go where?"