W.r.t. the Petzl e+lite, Blue_Ridge_Ninja asked:
Quote:
"I'm thinking about getting one of those. Do you have the older model with the actual headband, or the newer one with the thin bunjee type cord? Is it comfortable? Any dislikes?"

I wasn't aware that there was an older vs. newer model. Mine has an elastic band, which works just fine for me FWIW.

I can't think of any dislikes. If the unit still comes in a plastic hardshell type of case, I suggest that you discard that --- I've carried mine for many miles and months on trail just in a sandwich size ziplock (to keep the cord from tangling with other stuff) and it still works just fine.

If you anticipate going through a lot of batteries, they're likely cheaper bought in bulk online, and those type of batteries have quite a long shelf life. Since my wife also has the same headlamp it makes sense to buy like 20 or so of the, I think it is, CR-2032 (?) batteries. Batteries are so light that I just always carry a spare set.

Caveat: not my favorite headlamp for winter hiking/camping or very early- or late-season trips. The compromise with light weight here is that it doesn't throw out THAT many lumens, but always plenty for me for use just around camp.