I bought my wife a kindle touch for her birthday last year. She uses it a lot. She shares her account with her sister, and vice versa. So, she usually only buys half the books, or less, that she reads. She has even bought books for school on it. We have a few games on it, not much graphics since it is an eink. But checkers and tick tack toe keep the kids entertained during church. I use it occasionally when I teach youth. I will write out my lesson plan on Word, make the letters real BIG, then hit "send to Kindle". It automatically prints it as a pdf and puts in on the Kindle. It saves me from printing off paper on my printer and using ink and paper. I read from it occasionally (currently the Sillmarillion), but not often, or close to what my wife reads.

I have been looking at the Kindle fire, but don't like that it doesn't have expandable storage (think SD card). I also am not sure if I can put my own video files on it that I didn't buy from Amazon.

One thing I don't like about the kindle is how easy it is to buy something from it. My kids could probably easily search and buy, without putting in any credit card info. I have erased my credit card info from the account, but you never know.

Another thing that I have been thinking about. If I could save BIG map files on the fire, and if the resolution is great when I zoom in, then it would be a good option for backpacking. I would still carry a paper map, but I could cut down on how many I print off.

Edited by finallyME (12/19/12 06:59 PM)