Hydrogel burn pads are sterile - well hydro gel - a gelatin type stuff in a thin sheet about 1/32" thick and they are like 96% water and they breath, kind of like skin. If you slap it on a wound your body thinks it has skin and spends its time healing the wound rather than protecting the wounded area with scabs and stuff. Tape it down and you're good. My friend had a fairly large abraded area on his leg after slipping on granite. I had a big pad, maybe 4x4 and we put it on the worst of the wound and a couple of weeks later the area under the hydrogel pad definitly healed better and faster. Of course they were meant to be a second skin on burned areas. They feel very soothing and cool.

I've been using a pair of medical scissors about 5" long - maybe "plaster cast" scissors with blunted ends, but man do they cut!!!

I have a serrated edged "belay knife" to cut the leader free, but I only carry it when climing with certain people shocked Carrying a knife under those circumstances could be essential to life - mine.

Now that I've said all of this - I have a confession: cry I have a large knife collection and it really upsets me that I have to leave them at home. frown because no one has yet given me a convincing arguement to carry any of my skinners, slayers, tantos or short sword... not even a reason to pack a machete... Maybe the buck fillet knife on occasion - like I should need a 7 inch blade to clean my fish. laugh
Jim grin