I guess my feet don't sweat much as I have never had the dreaded morning frozen boots. I just pull my boots on and go - however I noted that the Canadian campers always carry spare dry liners for their PAC boots.

I do carry 3 plastic grocery shopping bags. Garbage goes into one and the other two are for emergency. You can pull them over your feet, maybe between 2 pairs of socks, to be warmer or in case of a leak. They can also be used for over non-goretex shelled gloves to keep your gloves dry and fingers warm - or as a hat?

Winter camping has 2 modes - moving and resting. Moving you must stay dry and a bit cool - vent your clothes and strip down - wear clothes designed for aerobic activity. In camp you may put on warmer layers and down or other insulation that might absorb moisture if you were moving.

I ski/backpack wearing long underwear, a fleece jacket, and goretex shells. If I had a huge shell jacket it would also go over a cheap down jacket without a waterproof shell, but I prefer a snug fitting technical ski jacket to ski in and I pull on a huge goretex shelled down winter coat when I get to camp (and goretex shelled down bibs).

Jim grin