I'm almost positive I'm going with the Sony NEX-5N, just waiting to see if the prices drop during the holidays. Features that appeal to me most are the compact size with large sensor and high quality pictures. The low light capability of the Sony is reputed to be one of the best. The camera body feels good and stable, but I would prefer to have the rubberized coating like the Nikon D3100. I don't know how well I'll get along with the touch screen, but I expect it will be fine. Touch screen is one reason the camera is compact compared to a DSLR, even with the same size sensor. Other features of less importance to me today are the HD video, small removable flash and lack of a viewfinder. I think I will enjoy the GPS and in-camera stitching. A couple of reviewers said that early versions of this camera picked up annoying internal noises when shooting video with slight camera movement. There is a newer NEX model featuring Wi-Fi, which isn't important to me, but maybe it will force the price down on the model I want. I am only 99% percent sure until I actually purchase it, however I don't have another camera in consideration.

Edited by llamero (11/14/12 11:22 AM)