No I am no expert on winter camping. I learned a lot from this forum and I am learning every trip. I have not had any serious accidents but a few close calls. Here are some safety considerations.

To use the stove inside the tent could be dangerous but sometimes it has to be done. Especially in winter. Get familiar with the stove and learn to minimize flame.

If the fuel pump stop working in severe cold. Warm it up inside the parka and it might start working again.

If you use a inflatable pad also bring a cell foam pad in case of a puncture.

If the gloves, cotton anorak (or whatever you use) gets wet hang it outside over night (well secured) in the morning you can brush the frost of and it will be a lot more dry. This works best in cold and very dry climate.

Tie the gloves to the anorak in windy conditions.

If traveling on lakes or crossing rivers in spring consider dry suit. Pack in dry bags. If possible avoid risky crossings late afternoons.

Be careful on lakes when there is water between ice and snow cover. The ice might be fine but you will risk getting wet.

Don't cross upstream of dams.

In the hard packed snow of spring use skis and pulk. In loose deep snow try to minimize weight and use a backpack. Use forest skis or snowshoes.

Do not get too excited skiing downhill. The pulk will hit you from behind if you fall. If you use a backpack it is very easy to loose balance and fall hard. Especially when the terrain is unfamiliar and the legs are tired after a long day. I think this is the major risk in winter long distance skiing.

Use lithium batteries in GPS and headlight.

When you get back to civilization, don't lick the lightpost. :-)