I have been lusting after one of these super light, warm, versatile down shirts or jackets for a couple of months. I've yet to buy one because #1 I already have functional jackets (old) and #2 I feel that if I wait a couple months or less there should be good sales.

But after reading some reviews I am starting to question the durability of these items due to the super thin fabrics they use to achieve ultralight weights.

Personally if I am going to spend @$200 on a jacket I want it to be durable and be able to use it for years. But...at the same time I know my pack weight will creep up if I use this philosophy on alot of my gear; long term durability generally means heavier items, and piece by piece this adds up.

So does anyone have a suggestion for a light, durable, versatile, down jacket? I have a good light rain shell, and always have a thin long sleeve base layer in the winter, I'm just trying to settle on a light jacket/overshirt. I like fleece too but I think this item should at least be water resistant, and most of the down jackets have a DWR finish. For me means this jacket would be my primary outer layer except when it's really cold...