Originally Posted By lori
A bunch of Via packets or the instant coffee from Trader Joes does it fine for me. Both much better than the Tasters choice instant or the (shudder) Folgers coffee bags.

I think the Taster's Choice "French Roast" is pretty good. I liked it better than the Via Columbian I tried. In fact, I didn't like the Via at all, and at over 5 times the price of Taster's Choice I'll never buy Via again.

I don't believe for a second that Starbucks is manufacturing their own instant coffee anyway. I highly suspect that Via is made for Starbucks by Nestle', and all they really do is add some very burnt bean dust to it.

Neither of them is as good as fresh ground beans, and that drip maker does look interesting. The biggest problem with those that I've tested is that they can be very slow. When it's 30º or less in the morning you end up waiting for a long time to get a cold cup of coffee.

From the reviews it looks like a finer grind might work best, or putting the filter into your cup letting the grounds steep a bit and then lifting it up and letting it drain.

$10 bucks seems a bit steep though. There's just not enough to it to justify that unless that filter is made out of some kind of super duper NASA coffee filtering material, or it has an authentic copy of a "Bear Grylss" signature on it.

"You want to go where?"