Lots of info on dehydration for backpacking on my favorite website, trailcooking.com

From my own experience: some veggies don't reconstitute well; dehydrated peas in particular (after long cooking which reduced the chicken and rice dish they were a part of to mush, the peas were still the consistency of buckshot). Chopped spinach, on the other hand, works great! Chicken needs to be pressure cooked first (use canned chicken). All meat needs to be in really tiny pieces or it will remain rather crunchy. If you are dehydrating large amounts of meat, you're just as well off to order the large packages of freeze-dried meats from Packit Gourmet--assuming you use high-quality meat to dehydrate, as you should, the price will be about the same. This isn't true for smaller amounts, though.

Above all, be sure to dehydrate just a small amount of a new dish the first time and try it out at home (see my above experience with the peas!).