Yes, welcome Merrellman! I do believe that there is general agreement here that you are only going to get any 2 of the 3 qualities you are looking for; that is cheap, light, and compressible. Feathered friends makes excellent bags too...although I would be tempted to get a quality bag from a large enough company to have discount sales. Lots of companies will have these, like Go Lite and Western Mountaineering for instance. Thing is you have to be patient, spend the time researching what you are interested in, make a short list of products you are willing to go for, then wait for the prices to drop. By wait, I mean keep checking for the sales. Different web sites will have company sponsered sales, for instance that is how I picked up my Western Mountaineering Ultralight bag. Still not cheap, but cheaper than it was.

Personally, better to have a bit more weight and be reliably warm than to go too cheap. Can't beat REI's return policy. They will also rent some bags so it is possible you can try one out before you purchase.