Jim, I do not need lots of room. I did not go to the TarpTent for the room, rather for the 2-pound weight and the vestibule which provides wind protection when cooking. In fact the TarpTentMoment is really too big for me. What I did not expect was the excessive condensation which then "rains" inside as heavy winds and rain beat down. Fine when one can be sure of a nice sunny warm next morning; not so good when you awake to several more days of near freezing temps and winds. I do not think the TarpTentMoment will fall down or blow away in a wind, but living in it during a severe storm is disconcerning as I watch water accumulate on my down sleeping bag. It has one large pole and in a heavy side wind it does get distorted pretty signficantly. The headroom is nice to sit up in, but the profile is a bit too high for wind.

I hear a rumor that when Black Diamond bought out Bibler, they changed the material in the tents. Is that correct? Someone said the BD tents are not waterproof and are more appropriate for snow than heavy continous rain.

It does snow a bit, but the more serious concern is very intense lightning storms when within an hour you get nearly 6 inches of hail and then a few inches of rain, all the while the wind is blowing like crazy. I have previously used a North Face BullFrog - another bombproof but heavy tent. Tunnel, 2-3 hoop tents seem to do well.

We actually have a bomb-proof 4-season Mountain Hardware Spire, but at nearly 6 pounds, it is just too heavy for me alone. Fine if I have someone with me to share the weight. We also have a bomb-proof Marmot expedtion tent (7 pounds) and a Mountain Hardware Trango4 (huge and about 12 pounds). I am set for base camp at 14,000 feet as long as a helicopter takes me in! One reason I am so frustrated is that I have a closet FULL expensive high quality tents and none are what I really need. All these tents were purchased in our mountaineering days when we always went in larger groups.