The BioLite was delivered to a Californian address early last week and it has just arrived at my place in Melbourne this morning.
First it is heavish at 2.2 lbs but (unexpectedly) it has a LiIon batt built in and that is what will make the USB charging work...
Rated USB output is 2W at 5V continuous ,4w @5v peak.
It is very well made , feels strong and rated to hold 8 lbs.
This afternoon I will shoot a short video on this doing the first burn...
BTW it is about 4" in diameter so just a bit wider than a 1L Nalgene.
My YouTube channel is 'francodarioli"
Franco
Quick update
As a stove it is brilliant.
The first burn took about 15 minutes to boil 1 liter of water however I was fiddling about and let the flame die in between having the starting kindling and then feeding thicker stuff.
(you will see that in the video clip)
I did another couple of burns later and realised how important it is to keep feeding the stove if you don't want any smoke about.
This is the nice bit, once you get a good flame the smoke is almost not there...
On my fourth burn I put the pot on after having fed some bigger bits (about 2 minutes into the burn..) and got a roaring boil (1 L ) at around 9min.
BTW the wood I was using was bits that I collected from the nearby park and not particularly dry nor necessarily good for fire...

Now the not so good bit
I tried a couple of USB LED lights I have , the Bio Lite could not power them up. Then I remembered that my Garmin 60 CSX can be USB powered but that did not work either .
I do not have any other USB powered devices that I can try so not sure as yet what is going on here but it is possible that the BioLite was not hot enough for that even though it did have the "green:" light (USB power OK) on.
I will try again...

Edited by Franco (06/14/12 04:41 AM)