I'm using it, and love it so far (two trips, about a dozen liters filtered.) A buddy who works in a gear store (and, like me, had always believed you could have my Miniworks when you pried it from my cold, dead hands) got a chance to field test it, and was so impressed he told me to get one, too.

I'm attracted by the .1 micron rating; most good filters are .2 microns at best. The pressure to squeeze the bottle isn't too hard (certainly no harder than the pumping), and there's very little to go wrong. Maintenance hasn't been too much of a hassle so far, and backflushing in the field is a breeze. I even use the syringe to backflush air through after every use, just to purge the water that didn't make it through the system.

The only design flaw I see is that I wish they'd used the same attachment threads on the outlet side, so you could directly attach a bottle to the output rather than "aim and squirt." (Empty Platys tend to be a bit floppy when you're trying to stand them up to aim at.) It's a very minor nit to pick, though, and hasn't proven to be an issue in use - I may switch to recycled bottled-water bottles to eliminate the floppy issue.

Weight, size, and very little to go wrong won me over.