Quote:
I get the feeling there is more research done about what colors and looks will sell than there is on how good they are for the feet.

Are you ever right about that! laugh

I just got a night splint and tried it for the first time last night. It's the same kind of splint used for sprained ankles and stuff, and it can be adjusted to hold the foot in a mild plantar stretch. Its main purpose is to prevent the plantar fascia from contracting overnight (since in bed the foot is curled up). This morning I was actually able to get to the bathroom without pain and without having to stretch for 5 minutes first! (I did do the stretching, of course, but afterwards.)

In the meantime, I continue to stretch, ice and keep off the foot as much as possible.

Have a good time on your trip!

EZD, welcome to the forum! Any time I've used tape, a bunch of my skin came off with it, so I prefer to avoid it. But thanks! I already ran across that site and bookmarked it, but only in the direst straits will I use it!

Edited by OregonMouse (06/02/12 06:40 PM)