That stretch, the standing achilles tendon stretch, rolling a bottle (frozen) with the bottom of my foot, massage, just plain icing. A splint for night (so I don't have to spend 5 to 10 minutes stretching before I can get out of bed) is coming tomorrow as are some heel cups the Dr. suggested when I called. All this info is on the internet in the various mainstream medical and sports medicine sites, basically the same thing on each site. I avoid any sites where they are selling something. At least my Achilles tendons are getting nice and loose!

I will see the GP late next week for a referral and it will take another 2 or 3 weeks to get in see a podiatrist. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to cancel the appointments! This time, when I start walking again, it will be with 5 minutes' walking, not 45! Also, it will be in the park on the grass! It's the hard surfaces (sidewalks, floors in the store) that are giving me problems. At home I stay on the carpet as much as possible, and my vinyl floors (kitchen and dining room) have a foam underlayment, which also helps. I am doing stints on my exercise bike for exercise, which is, to say the least, boring.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get my old bike fixed so I can give poor old Hysson some exercise. He does run full speed around the back yard every now and then, but that's not enough!

In the meantime (to get back out of thread drift blush ), I'll read that Hikelite ebook tomorrow!

Edited by OregonMouse (06/01/12 09:10 PM)