Perhaps GoLight suggested the price merely to itself, but decided it was bad advice?

That is funny.

I went to a big sale in south Denver two years ago by GoLite in a huge vacated furniture place. Lasted several weeks. Huge sale. Think it was then that they (or he) decided to screw the retailers selling his stuff and market directly and online. Next year the sale was in a much smaller empty space in the same center, and the "deals" weren't nearly as impressive.

Went to a sale last pre-Christmas and was not impressed at all by the prices, yet just a couple months ago they have a "half-off" everything sale on their website that was much better than anything seen at the end of 2011. I'm starting to wonder what's up here and if they will be around much longer. Anyone else have more insight??

(I'm a bit jaded with most corporations as a retired American Airlines employee who has watched the company go into bankruptcy last November and the execs and board attempt to eviscerate the company to salvage their dwindling cut in this travesty that they had a big part in creating. I don't know . . . I don't think they'll be around much longer. If you have Aadvantage Miles, I'd suggest you use them.)

It's been nice not paying retail for most GoLite stuff the past 2 years -- I've turned into the GoLite poster boy on the trail, but what's going on concerns me.

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)