have one of the powerPot on order too, just to see how it works.
So far what I have in mind is that the Bio Lite could be good for extended unsupported trips (of course where you can legally burn wood..) and maybe for a group outing of a few days where one will take the extra load to be able to charge batteries on demand.
Maybe because of the supposed low smoke levels it could be used inside a large tipi as well. Again for cooking and charging and something to do on a long winter night...
Charging time should be the same as from the USB port on a computer.
Particularly useful for gear like the Apple gadgets that have built in batteries only (NO , I do not use gadgets but I am able to think about others too...)

The Power Pot is for stove users and yes I would expect that fuel efficiency will go down but there is a possibility that it will work with just the heat of a candle to charge the Li Ion battery that can then charge via USB port your gadgets.
Again not something that I will use in the bush but still I will see if there is a practical application or not...

Omn another forum someone asked about a comparison with solar panels, my comment was that "it's just like day and night "
Franco