Originally Posted By BZH
Well put Dyer!

Oldranger, do I read that correctly? In all your years as a park ranger you never had to deal with someone injured by a wild animal? I would of thought you must have dealt with some snot nosed kid who cornered a squirrel at some point in time. Very interesting anecdotal evidence from someone with considerable experience.

I really like this thread, too bad the OP seems to have disappeared. Perhaps he is out backpacking smile

I didn't disappear. I've been appreciatively reading the responses.

Just a clarification about the multiple guns situation. In this case the kids are extremely well-behaved and I believe have been very well trained with guns. My concern was not with any of them fully conscious and in the light of day competently handling their weapons, but more with the potential chaos if there were any kind of perception of attack -- flying squirrel hitting the tent, or whatever-- that could have not only one half awake adult but a couple of kids blundering around in confusion or panic from a perceived danger that they couldn't even see. Clearly the adult can only control one gun at a time.

They were either both long guns or one long and one short. . .

Edited by Keith (03/26/12 07:12 PM)