Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
Rule #1- go in groups. Well, most of us here on this forum are in violation of that rule!

I think gun owners have an inflated idea of their expertise. Military combat vetrans- yes, I think they would be able to respond. The average gun owner and hunter - I doubt it. A hunter safety course is not enough.

I laughed at the comment "every bullet has 10 lawyers attached". How true. Out here in California we also have the animal rights faction. Yogi in court with his own lawyer, LOL.

You are right about average gun owner, but not all. That is why I said practice at least once a week. You should also practice with the gun you plan to carry? When it becomes muscle memory only then is it prevalent! Of course you better attach a whole lot of common sense! The practice aspect is part of the training learned if a person decides to carry. How many do I wonder? I practice because it is a enjoyed hobby.
It was also a subject that very few law enforcment officers practice a fraction of what they should! I think even retired military get to rusty if they do not practice! Taking a class teaches you that without practice do not carry!