Nicely done, I think it's a great idea to document "from ground zero" starting out at something like this.

I think a real challenge for people starting out is getting (or finding online) various bits of advice from people who have different "styles" of backpacking. And often different personal preferences that aren't always based on something obvious. Until you hike a while, it's difficult to sort out what "kind" of backpacker you want to be. Meanwhile, many people will earnestly --- in effect --- suggest to you that their personal biases are the one true way, the way their deity of choice intended backpacking to be when the universe coalesced in the beginning.

There is truly no topic in backpacking that can't form the basis for argument between two experienced backpackers. So take with a grain of salt any claims that a particular piece of gear or approach to things is the "only" valid way.

I note on your site discussion of a soda pop alcohol stove. I personally suggest to folks starting out with an alcohol stove to try the fancy feast stove. Much easier to make, and easy to make "well", i.e., works well the very first time. Some years ago my wife and I tried pressurized soda pop stoves and didn't have very good results. So anyone that finds such a stove difficult to get right, have them try the cat food can approach.