This is the first time I have looked at the lists! If I were to make such a list I would try to make it a LOT more generic. I kind of got glazed over eyes with all the detail.

For example, I would just say CLOTHING WORN= underware, socks, shoes, pants, shirt, sun hat, (4-5 pounds), CLOTHING IN THE PACK= weatherproof outer layer, two upper body insulation layers, and top and bottom baselayers, stocking hat, mitts, extra socks, aim for a total of about 6-7 pounds. After I presented the basic pack contents, I would have a mix-and-match lists of examples that would work. Here you can get into the product names and details.

I think aiming for the minimum number of layers (or items) and total catagory weights works better because everyone has different needs. For example, I never get cold hands and even when I expect below freezing temperatures, I only take one pair of rag wool mittens. I have NEVER worn mitts hiking or cooking. Yet, I have trouble with cold feet! Detail lists at the end then give people an idea of what is out there. The basic list stays the same because it really is a system concept; the detailed lists change as technology advances and new stuff becomes available. When we put out a list with one brand name only, it looks a bit like we are endorsing a particular brand.

Just my pereference, but probably not agreed upon by everyone.