I use braided mason line as extra guy lines, and only carry paracord for search and rescue (it's on the mandated gear list). I would also use the mason line for a shoe lace or other gear repair that doesn't involve load bearing, if I had to. Mason line is lighter and packs smaller than paracord.

I use Zing it for bear bagging - it does not stretch, is very strong, and since it is an arborist specific line it doesn't shred bark or saw into limbs the way some paracord does. It's also lighter than paracord and in a pinch I could put it to other uses. It's not expensive - a large (for our purposes) spool can be ordered online for 15-20 bucks, or lengths of it can be purchased by the yard by some of the hammock cottage gear makers. I've seen paracord snap when someone tried to get their bear bag down and leave them SOL for hanging the next night. Zing it snags less and hasn't snapped yet. It has a listed load max of 50 lbs. It's hollow core, and can be spliced into itself to make closed loops.

I store rope or cord by doubling it until it's in a bundle about 12" long and then tying a loose clove hitch in it, or by looping in half three or four times and making an electrician's braid. My paracord and tubular webbing for SAR are braided this way. A few minutes of braiding when I am packing saves a lot of time untangling when I'm setting up camp.

http://hikeandbackpack.com