I don't watch those shows, and have only seen a very few brief clips from any of them, but I think if you weed out the BS there is something to be learned from them.

It was hearing about one of the "Dual Surviver" episodes (I still haven't seen it) that put me on to making my "Baker's Tent" out of SOL Emergency blankets. From what I've heard of that episode, I can say that the concept they presented in it works as good as they contend it does.

I had never heard of it before that was aired, and probably would have never made the tent had it not. I know there are lots of places where you can't have campfires, but we can here, and that tent design is simply amazing in cold weather.

The thing that bothers me about these shows most is that I believe there could be a show about camping/hiking/backpacking/bushcraft that could be informative, interesting, educational, and entertaining. I would watch hour long shows that followed people like the members here to some of their favorite spots, highlighted them using some of their favorite gear, and related some of their stories and experiences. I suppose that being a member of this forum is about as close to that as we can get.

I think it's good to try and be open and looking for good ideas and new and different ways of doing things, no matter the source. You can learn something from anyone. But I honestly can't sit for long and watch the made up drama posing as reality on TV these days. I'll have to depend on the kindness of others to sift through that for me.

"You want to go where?"