Quote:
"Nearly everyone seems to forget that the OP needs a tent for Iceland, which means extreme conditions! High winds, rain, no trees.... Our favorite North American tents just aren't going to cut it!"

I used the Lightheart Solo on the CDT last year; it's quite a windy trail, certainly more so than the PCT or AT. There are a total of 8 guy-out points on the Lightheart solo, I would expect something similar on the duo.

While it handles wind fairly well, 8 guy-out points on a lightweight tent don't make it a tent that's great for very high winds, but IMO no tent that's reasonably lightweight, 3-season design is going to fare all that well in super high wind. While the CDT can be quite windy, I was almost always successful at site selection such that I didn't have huge winds coming at me at night. I suspect that all tent sites in Iceland aren't wind tunnel experiences either.

But at the end of the day I think it is going to come down to biasing more towards wind stability/strength vs. weight. If the former, I'd suggest looking for things that are sold as 4-season tents as a starter.