My wife and I use a Tarptent Squall 2 as well when we backpack together. It's a fine tent.

If we didn't already have this, however, I'd buy a Lightheart Gear Duo. www.lightheartgear.com
Possibly with the Wedge option. I have something like the wedge on my Lightheart Solo, and in fact don't tend to use it much, but I think that's more about my personal style of hiking.

Key good things about the Lightheart Duo:
(1) It's virtually a double-walled tent, but still pretty lightweight, both it and the squall 2 are right in the 2 pound range.
(2) Each person having their own side-entry door is better than a single end-entry door. Easier to get out of, and at night if I want out I generally disturb my wife just trying to get to the zipper on the Squall 2.
(3) The height is in the middle where you want it. With the Squall 2 design, one tends to sort of scoot their butt up towards the door in order to sit up.

None of these things is such a huge factor that I'm going to dump the Squall 2, but --- I like my Lightheart Solo a lot, and if starting fresh I'd get a Duo for hiking with my wife.