Originally Posted By Glenn
I never used pie irons or any of the products above, so other than remembering that they exist(ed) and doing a simple Google search, I'm of no real help.

thanks glenn! any help is good help, at least i have some ideas of their weights.

i went by the hardware store today to find some replacement handles, i was hoping to find some bolts that were threaded the same so i could either use them or the original handles. they seemed to be metric #6 size, but with a coarser thread than the standard 1mm pitch. after looking for 5 or so minutes on my own, then another couple minutes with one of the Ace employees, we decided that theyre either a proprietary thread that the Taiwanese company that made the pie iron uses, or an obscure coarser pitch. i ended up going with 1/4 self tapping screws and cutting new threads. this is the final product with the coat hanger clasp and the coffee can setup i use with my alcohol stove.

the total weight was approx 10 ounces. dont laugh, but i say "approximate" because i only have a bathroom scale at home, so weighed it in the produce scale at the safeway near the hardware store, and the sticker on the scale says "for estimating purposes only" smile

heres a batch of the pizza balls i made during the test. 5 biscuits and two string cheese sticks for a total weight of 5.25 ounces.