Uhm.

I didn't mean for my poor choice in wording in the OP to be the cause of divison. Just for the sake of clarity:

When I said "I suppose I should just man up and go...", I was musing that, at least on some level, it might be a good idea to just go ahead and chase that particular dream instead of staying home and wishing.

"Hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
-- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Then again, as I've thought more about it and as I've read the responses to the OP, I've changed my mind. But even more than that, a good discussion with the wonderful lady in question helped clarify things as well. So now I'm just going to sit back and wait a bit. A better opportunity will present itself; if not, then oh well. I'm trading one dream for another, choosing between great option A and great option B -- with the possibility of getting the other one later.

I didn't mean to imply that to "man up" meant anything negative at all, especially when it comes to my S/O -- I consider her needs above my own, for that is how I was taught to love. So in that context, to "man up" would be to stay home, finish my degree, and earn a good living so that she can have the things she needs and wants. And trust me, I'm really happy with that option.