Originally Posted By Hikin Jim
[quote=oldranger] I'm not sure that will pass muster with the LNT die hards

IMNSHO, a lot of times the LNT "die hards" are every bit as illogical as the green "die hards" who want to drive a chevy volt charged by electricity from coal transmitted over hundreds of kilometers of lossy lines. I.E. it's more about appearances than educated fact. LNT (and green) are great things, but to work right in any one given area need to be done with some thought and thinking. IMO, most of the time they suggest "burying" anything it may be a bad idea. (It's not always, depends on where and what)

and I guess that's why I don't look harder at one of these. I really want to.. woodburners are *COOL*... and the thought of no fuel is very attractive.. trouble for me is, anywhere I wouldn't want to use a three rock fire, tends to be the more sensitive or highly trodden areas here. and in those cases, the scrounging of wood would also be a problem if everyone did it. The places where there's plentiful fuel and it's not sensitive (or there's established sites with fire areas already) I can simply three rock it.

Browse my pictures