That's a beautiful website and the product is interesting. It's not something I think most active backpackers that make fires often would bring, but I can certainly see a market for it.

The video was pretty funny though. They took big pieces of wood and put a little pile of their stuff under to demonstrate it being used, but there is no way that wood ever caught fire. They did it at least twice, once with a big cut limb and another time with a big piece of split firewood. They even did a second scene with the split wood where they tried to imply it was now burning, but you know it isn't.

That may be petty criticism because the video was well done too, but if you ever built a campfire it looked kind of ridicules.

I bring a small handful of "Fatwood" that's split into tiny pieces and keep it in a zip lock. I use them too. It's faster than not, and I've started plenty of campfires without them and don't need to practice. So I can see where that product would be convenient.

I like the egg carton fire starter idea. That'd be great for car camping and having a few in the car or boat for emergencies.

"You want to go where?"