I was happy to see that MSR has taken seriously the design flaw of too close of pot clearance. goodjob This causes premature cooling of the flame and the carbon monoxide from the first stage of combustioon will be less inclined to pick up another oxygen to make carbon dioxide.

However I have noted in the past that even an empty, or jammed BIC lighter will still spark adequately to light a compressed gas stove.

BUT saying that the piezo is so much faster than flicking my BIC that it saves fuel is really stretching it.

You want real world testing? Go outside in a snowstorm and test your stoves, or maybe a cold windy day with the sprinklers turned on. Most all stove/pan/windscreen testing is done in really nice weather. I've seen cold windy winter weather where if you didn't dig a small snow cave for your stove and pot, you didn't cook. It can take as much as ten times longer to heat water in cold and wind, especially with an inadequate heat source. THE LARGER THE HEAT OUTPUT, THE LESS FUEL IS WASTED TO THE ENVIRONMENT.

By the way, as the fuel in a cannister is consmed the volume of gas above the liquid increases. The vaporising gas from the liquid enters this space and has to bounce around until it finds the output of the bottle. This essentially lowers the effective gas pressure and this is why you always have use a fresh full fuel cannister to take data.
Jim