Good info on the MicroRocket in your series; I really enjoyed it. A couple of random thoughts:

I fall into the category of those who leave the worthless Pocket Rocket case behind. I always thought that, if they'd just have plugged the hole in the bottom and added some marks on the side, it would have made a functional measuring cup. Do you know if they plugged the hole on the Micro case?

You wondered whether the separate piezo was worth it, since you'd carry a lighter anyhow. You later noted that the piezo didn't have to be refilled like a lighter. Would one additional difference be that the piezo operation isn't vulnerable to cold temperatures?

Did you do any stove-and-canister-fit tests with an MSR canister, by any chance? (My local outfitter only stocks the MSR canisters, so I was curious.)

I particularly enjoy your pragmatic approach to the use of the stoves, such as cooking inside and boil-time testing. The ideas that, yes, every once in a (hopefully) great while we do have to cook in the vestibule and that a few seconds in boil times is not the critical factor in stove selection - especially for recreational hikers like me - are particularly on target. (Of course, you did become a bit geeky on justifying the weight of the piezo in terms of using it to save gas by lighting the stove with the pot in place, not that there's anything wrong with that... smile ) It really was good knowing how the stove would perform in the real world.

Thanks again.