I finally found out what was in that package I accidentally opened before Christmas that I wasn't suppose to know about. It was one of those mini tripods for my camera that apparently they say I need to take better pic's. It turned out it was from my 19 yr old daughter who is visiting from UCSB. She's on a real tight budget and it was just the perfect gift coming from her. My almost 18 year old got me a coffee cup that won't spill over and it fits perfect in the car. She's on a quest to go to culinary school next year and knowing her, she'll get there. My Wife got me a sherpa lined hooded sweatshirt. Although all the gifts aren't gear related, they are simple enough to make me think about my 3 girls even more when I'm heading out too, or out on the trail. Cause on the trail, after all of life's complications fade away, it's the simple things that inevitably keep me going.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All

P.S. My neighbor got me a box of See's Chocolates, which definitely won't make it to the trial but should help me along in the planning of one.