I didn't, Lori; I am just trying to point out that what works for one person doesn't always work for another, even when skills and knowledge are not at issue.

Speaking of reviews, how many have you seen that read something like this: "I took the (name of gear) on a three-day trip to (name of place). The weather was beautiful the whole three days. This is an awesome (name of gear)!" This was an actual review in the reader review section of BackpackingLight (not a review from their editorial staff)! I've seen similar on retail store websites. My idea of a good review is the kind found on backpackgeartest.org, where the reviewer tries to use some objective criteria and make a thorough evaluation over time. I won't even recommend gear I really like until I've used it at least a year and in really adverse conditions.

You notice that I said nothing about noise with the NeoAir. I understand that the noise complaint originated from the BPL review, from only the spouse of one reviewer and with a prototype rather than the final model (it would have been helpful if Cascade Designs had told them that). The NeoAir was actually the least noisy of any of the four different air pads I've tried! All of them make noise. My current KookaBay pad makes a horrible squawk if I plop down too hard. Fortunately, it's difficult to hear any air pad noises with a warm hat and several inches of sleeping bag hood over the ears!