Originally Posted By OregonMouse

It's wonderful that you are happy with your NeoAir. I'm not trying to invalidate your experience. Please don't try to invalidate mine. We are each unique individuals, obviously with very different reactions to cold temperatures!

I think it's a mistake to think of someone else stating their experience as invalidation. It's merely someone else's experience.

I am a cold sleeper, because I do start layering up quicker than nearly everyone else - I have good results with gear that others find cold, and bad experiences with gear that other people think is warm.

The problem with narrowing down your choices based on other people's reviews of the item in question is that there are too many variables - it matters how you use the item, where and when and how cold or warm it is, how the individual's body handles changes in temperature, and what you expect of the item vs. what the manufacturer claims vs. actual quality of said item. Too many people set up a tent, get wet, and blast it all over the internet that it's a bad tent, when they are really picking the wrong tent or setting it up poorly. I read a comment on a sleeping bag dissing the bag because "somehow water got into it and the liner was damp" - clearly not someone who understands that their body is giving off moisture all the time.

So all I can do is say what happened, and if it's different than everyone else's results - like the endless complaints of noise or cold with the NeoAir - that's just another point of information to the person requesting information. I really have no idea why I like the NeoAir and you don't - I think it's too narrow, but all pads are 20" wide, somehow I just learned to deal with it because it's been warm and comfortable and not at all noisy. I don't inflate it to capacity ever - perhaps that offsets some of what people complain about, because the less you inflate it, the wider it is.

Sorry if you feel like I'm attacking you in any way.

http://hikeandbackpack.com