Originally Posted By Franco
Thanks Slowfoot.
Just like my favorite peeve when people mention that the Neo Air is not warm enough below freezing as if that were a fault.
It (the original...) was not designed for below freezing weather just like my beloved Montane shorts. Great in summer but not "faulty" in winter...
Franco

It's a huge pet peeve of mine that people who tell me things like that usually do so after I have used the gear in their presence, or talked about using the gear, successfully, aka being warm, dry, the stove boiled the water, the tent/tarp did the job it was supposed to... Sick of people deciding that because they think it doesn't work (regardless of their never having used the item) they can lecture and scold and warn me for daring to do something they don't expect.

The NeoAir was warm for me below freezing quite a few times over the last three years, by the way. And I did not use a foam pad with it.

I do not care whether gear is old, new, used, cheap, whatever. I care that it works well for the anticipated conditions for which I got it, and does not break my back or my wallet. I won't spend big bucks on anything but down gear, and have managed to be thrifty and light.

http://hikeandbackpack.com