Finally,
Keep watching - the same guy ambushes a warthog and shows a still beating python heart. Are we sure this guy is representative of our groups camping needs? smirk

Old Scout - yep that is way too much fire way too close to the tent. I wondered how many of them they burned down, How would a wind affect that sey up?

Bill

Somebody had to do it....

As I understand and please correct me if I'm wrong, this is a heated mylar tarp tent that probably weighs 2-3 pounds, for the purpose of having a warm place to lounge on cool evenings as long as you have wood, can light a wood fire, and light one in the evening and in the morning. Is that correct? How much does the wood collecting tools weigh?

And this is "as opposed to" carrying warmer clothes and sleeping bag? Does this thing fit into a reasonable sized stuff sack and can it be redeployed?

Baker tent. However as I have often said - the last new idea in tents was premade sectioned poles. Every tent out there is just a rehash of every other tent out there.

Ok so why not just pitch a tarp with a vertical side towards a fire and the back tied down at 45 degrees and cover the back with a space blanket? How much warmer is the super shelter than the mentioned tarp set up? As long as you are depending for fire for heat, are there lighter weight ways to go?

And finally - on really cold mornings out snow camping, if I want to get out of my sleeping bag and sit in my tent in my long underwear while brewing up a cuppa coffe, I hang up my Bibler stove from the crossed poles at the apex of the tent and melt some snow for coffee, then I can just let it boil with the roof vents and door bottom vent open to create a bit of air flow. As long as the stove is turned on, I have a steam heated sweat lodge, HOWEVER I have to report that there is NEVER any condensation as the heat drives out the moisture. You might comment that it might be nice to have two burners so I could heat [create steam] with one and cook with one.
Jim thanks

Edited by Jimshaw (12/05/11 06:34 PM)