Ok so the reason for mentioning Wool.

Was i seem to remember having like a 2lb wool blanket that was.

*warm when slightly wet or damp.
*Soft to touch.
*worked well by fires. As a Stray embers might singe it a little but did not engulf it to flames or melt it to your skin.
*I also seem to remeber it breething well and not stinking like a Dickens after a few days of heavy use from multiple people.

What I don't remember is where it came from, who made it what kind of wool it was or where the heck it is. Probably in one of my grandparents closets as I was very young when we had it.

Anyways I'm not saying wool is the only option. After posting I've come to realize a fleece liner and a light weight bivy would prob give me about a 10-15 degree boost. Problem being id prob still be at about 24 oz and three times the cost of a wool blanket I could be wrong. Don't quote me I'm still in research phase.

In all honestly I'm thinking taxtime ill spring for a WM bag. But I doubt my wife will
let me frown << a man can dream though

As far as space blankets go bill I swet a lot and even though there is always one in my pack. I intend to save them for when I am truely S#!+ out of luck. Besides I toss and turn a lot ant my wife would have likely suffocated me if I pulld that thing out. I'll take my chances with hypothermia and let mommy bear sleep.

Thanks for the replies I'm going to continue my Google quest. I'll update if I have any more questions or come up with a solution.

Thanks samoset