Before I have to take too many shots, let me say that the Atmos series is extremely well-done, and is much more tailored than the old Camp Trails e-frames I used to use. The Atmos 50 still has that annoying habit of moving in the opposite direction when you turn quickly, but it is not nearly as noticeable as the old-tech packs. It does carry a load well, and is fairly comfortable. However, it is not as easy to store inside the tent as my Kestrel, and I find that the Atmos does bounce a bit when I walk, as opposed to the Kestrel which snuggles up against me. But those are minor quibbles, and do not affect the overall usability of the pack.

The one thing I don't like is that the Atmos does not have an adjustable harness. My torso length is fairly compatible with the pack, but I still prefer the more precise fit I get with the Kestrel.

The Exos series has the same design features as the Atmos, with one additional shortcoming: the suspension has been pared down to save weight, and my loads typically overwhelm it, resulting in slippage and the hipbelt folding over.

I can use the Atmos, but prefer the Kestrel; however, I have a friend who loves his Atmos.

But the trampoline back and the visible frame with its distinct corners and two curved crossbars make it an external frame pack, even though the packbag is more like an internal frame.

Edited by Glenn (12/02/11 07:16 AM)