Would my style change with that gear? Absolutely. At those prices, there would be compromised quality (as you discussed with the opening post on tents.) So, I'd be a lot more particular about site selection if, for example, I was using a no-name tent, or a tarp. With my good gear, I can cheat having a windbreak or being certain to get the best-drained spot, picking a not-quite-perfect site to take advantage of a view. With a closed cell pad, I'd be more selective about the surface I was camping on, and more likely to spend extra time moving twigs and such. I'd be more careful about pushing the temperature limits of that cheap bag, and so forth.

Would I enjoy myself more? Probably not - but I wouldn't enjoy myself any less, either. I started out (and used, for about the first 5 - 10 years) that kind of gear, and I was very happy. Nowadays (and Carole King was right: "These ARE the good old days.") I have the blessing of good gear, and I'm very happy with it, too. But, in the end, the gear is only a means to that end, and I still find that the enjoyment and pleasure of being out and away isn't really connected to the particular gear I'm using.