Well, I finally got a chance to test my Skyscape sil-nylon trekker out. My first thought was it looks like poor mans Lightheart Solo, a tent I have been very interested in. Like the Solo, it is set up so you can use your trekking poles. Since I don't use those, I also purchased the Easton carbon poles with it. Total weight seam sealed tent, stakes, and poles is 1lb 13oz.

Basically, its a hybrid with about 80% being dual wall (more or less the sides are dual wall) and 20% single (the "ceiling"). There was lots of condensation, which was typical for me. But because most of it was on the "rain fly" it was not a problem and I just wiped off the single wall ceiling. I am still getting used to it, but I think it will work for me. For desert camping however, I need to bring long, skinny stakes to hold the thing up. Due to the sandy soil, it was tough to find a good spot where the thing would stay up...even putting rocks on the stakes. I had to use grass clumps to stake to.

I was sold on my Sixmoons pack right away. For me, the jury is still out on this one. I need a few more trips in it.

Edited by skcreidc (11/21/11 04:42 PM)
Edit Reason: spellinG