Bill, when I first started hammocking a walmart net "pocket hammock" is what I "endured". grin Nothing else was out there. It caught on everything, allowed for one sleeping position, but it was still better than being on rocky ground. I then decided to make my own hammocks and began with a 10' sheet of ripstop. I'm 5'10" and that length worked for me. I learned that making the sides about 2" shorter than the middle made a huge difference in comfort and sleeping positions...neither head nor feet fall out, and you can sleep flat. You might try shortening your Byers sides slightly and see if it helps anything. You can likely loop the outside suspension lines (?) around your attach rope to do that. That's how I adjust my Mexican hammocks on the patio. So, you can tie suspension lines (sheetbends) to an uncut bolt of fabric and get your length right before you cut and sew. That way you aren't guessing.
Later, I bought a second generation Hennessey directly from Tom(now called a Scout), which seemed to fit me fine and I've been using it and an Exped Assym. Never saw the need to move on from the Hennessey's as they worked great from the start. I still prefer the Scout over the Exped. A 3/4 Ridgerest is my insulation and sometimes hang a mylar survival blanket as a wind blocker underneath, but that's it. No biners, dogbones, treehuggers, extra suspension lines, whoopie slings, snakeskins, over/underquilts, etc....I tried all that but still like to keep it spartan. I rarely tie out the hammock sides and typically don't use the fly unless it's really cold/windy or weather is expected.
It's clear, after reading a gazillion hammock discussions and camping with a few hammockers, it's all a personal preference thing. What works for someone else may not work for you. The point is...a good nights sleep and easy setup. I worked to that end with as simple a system as possible. Making your own hammocks, I highly recommend. You'll learn what works for you and they make good loaners, and 'converts'. wink

Oh...my only keeper mod on the Henneseys is Amsteel Blue skinny suspension lines. That saved some weight over the stock lines and even allowed some extra length.