I have a huge preference for side entry, but the weight difference would offset it somewhat. If I were choosing between the two you name, that is. With end entry tents I had a habit of face-planting because getting up first thing in the morning before coffee, with side entry I can swing the legs out and roll up onto my feet.

Also, both of those are more expensive and heavier than the tarptent I eventually got. I do have a less expensive double wall side entry, the Sierra Designs Lightning XT, about 3 lbs, but that's mostly been a car camping tent. I originally got it on sale for less than 150 because I figured if I wanted to do the Lost Coast I might want to set up on a beach... it will probably be less hassle than a nonfreestanding tent for that purpose.

I know a lot of BA tent users who are quite happy with their tents, tho. Guess it depends a lot on your personal expectations. All things considered, I think the primary difference between the Copper Spur and the Fly Creek would be the weight. They will likely be the same good quality as most BA products.

http://hikeandbackpack.com